T.I.S. recognizes that its visitors, users, and others who use www.tis.edu.sa (collectively or individually “Users”) value their privacy. This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of User information collected on the T.I.S. Site. T.I.S. provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to use or continue using the T.I.S. Site.
The Information T.I.S. Collects
- User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) to T.I.S. when choosing to participate in various activities on the T.I.S. Site such as sending messages in the inquiry/contact us section, responding to surveys, or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists.
- Cookies Information: When you visit the T.I.S. Site, we may send one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. T.I.S. uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the T.I.S. Site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information: When you use the T.I.S. Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
The Way T.I.S. Uses Information
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the T.I.S. Site, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the T.I.S. Site.
- Any personal information (in messages and feedback areas) becomes privately and can not be collected and used by others. Your account name and email address will not be displayed to other Users when you send messages through the T.I.S. Site.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major T.I.S. Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the T.I.S. Site and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
When T.I.S. Discloses Information
- We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
- We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the T.I.S. Site.
- We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the T.I.S. Site, in which case T.I.S. may not be able to provide certain services to you. Please contact T.I.S. with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, your consent, or your opt-in or opt-out choices using this contact form.
Our Commitment To Data Security
T.I.S. uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to T.I.S. and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, T.I.S. makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If T.I.S. learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. T.I.S. may post a notice on the T.I.S. Site if a security breach occurs.
Special Note to International Users
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that T.I.S. is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Changes and updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically and this will be reflected by the “effective date” below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received the personal information you provided. Your continued use of the T.I.S. Site constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of the personal information you have already provided to us, we will attempt to obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information.
Date Last Modified:
This Privacy Notice was last modified on November 20, 2018.